Looking for a great starter vacuum or just need to get a machine that is under 100 dollars and won’t break the bank? The Hoover WindTunnel T Series Rewind Plus Bagless Upright UH70120 may be just the vacuum for you. It’s not only one of the best-selling Hoover vacuum cleaners, but it can pick up dirt from floors to carpets and even upholstery. It gets a lot of praises for its stability, ability to get rid of pet hair, and of course its automatic cord rewind.Get it on Amazon for 40% off plus free shipping
Does it come assembled?
Once you open the box, the vacuum cleaner is almost ready to use. The only tool you need in order to attach its handle to the base is a Philips head screwdriver.
How easy is it to use on a regular basis?
The Hoover WindTunnel UH70120 is quite easy to use. To switch on the vacuum cleaner, simply push the power button located on the handle. Its cord rewind switch can function by tapping the foot pedal. This is such a great feature if you’ve ever had to bend and stoop over to wind a cord up on a vacuum.
This vacuum cleaner comes with a handful of attachments that would enable you to clean various surfaces from upholstery, floors, to stairs. For instance, the hand tool is a handheld brush hold that is best for removing pet hair on stairs and upholstery. There is a dusting upholstery brush which, as its name suggests, is for dusting upholstered furniture. The crevice tool is designed for cleaning tight spaces.
These tool attachments of the Hoover WindTunnel vacuum can be connected to the end of the hose, or use an extension wand for additional reach.
Features That Make Cleaning Easier
- Bumper guard to prevent the vacuum cleaner from damaging furniture
- System check indicator that tells you when to clean or check the filter
- Washable filter with a HEPA filter (essential if you have allergies)
- Cord rewind feature that makes the cord retract automatically with a gentle tap to the pedal
- Conveniently positioned power controls
- Accessories including air-powered hand tool for hard-to-reach areas, 12-inch extension wand, upholstery brush and crevice tool
This Hoover WindTunnel T-Series vacuum cleaner is one of the most powerful vacuum cleaners from Hoover, an American company that specializes in floor care products. When compared to other Hoover vacuum cleaners such as the WindTunnel Bagless Upright UH70400 and the T-Series WindTunnel Bagless Upright UH70105, the Hoover WindTunnel UH70120 can be considered the complete package. Unlike these similar models, it has a cord rewind feature, washable filter, HEPA filter, height adjustment, on-board tools and dual cyclonic action.
- 13 inches long, 13.5 inches wide, and 43 inches tall
- Weighs 16.5 pounds
- 27-foot long power cord
- Five height adjustments for ease in picking up dirt on all types of floors
- 8-foot long hose to clean hard-to-reach areas
- Powered by a 12 amp motor
- 2-year limited warranty
- Read the User Manual
- This Hoover Rewind is very compact and lightweight. As such, users can clean floors or get rid of dirt from carpets in one room to another without breaking a sweat. Users won’t have any problems transporting this vacuum cleaner from one area of the house to another because it is compact and lightweight. This is especially important if your house has stairs to vacuum.
- Its bagless design means you’ll save since you don’t have to buy expensive vacuum bags (also much less messy). Likewise, HEPA filters are known for durability thus it would take some time before users have to replace the filter.
- Aside from being compact and lightweight, the retractable handle of the vacuum allows it to be placed easily in any part of the house like in a cabinet or under the bed. This is a great design for storage!
- There’s no need to put your hands inside the dirt canisters to get rid of tough dirt as the dirt canisters may be released from the bottom. This design allows you to dump dust, hair and dirt very easily.
- The cord is long enough when compared to those of most lightweight vacuum cleaners. The length of the cord would allow you to clean a large room faster as there is no need to unplug the vacuum cleaner every now and then.
- The vacuum cleaner has an auto cord rewind function that further makes it convenient to use.
In user reviews, many buyers would prefer this vacuum if it had an on/off button for its brush as well as an adjustment for carpet height. This will only really be a problem for you if you have both bare floors and really deep pile carpets.
One review said it’s a pain that the filters need to be cleaned regularly. However, even though the most expensive vacuums need this type of maintenance if you want to keep them running efficiently without losing suction power.
Another best-selling vacuum in a similar class is the Bissell CleanView 9595 with OnePass. While the price is similar, you’ll find the WindTunnel has some extra features missing in the Bissell, such as the auto cord rewind and a longer more convenient hose and cord. For under $100, both vacuums are good, but for a similar price, this one has a few extras you might like.
While this machine does a good job on pet hair, if you have several pets or a real dog or cat hair problem in your house, you may want to consider the pet model of this vacuum, the UH70210. For just a little extra cost, it’s much better for taking care of the pet hair you may have.
Have a lot of pet hair?
While this vac does a good job on pet hair, if you have a lot of it or if it is a special concern in your household, you may want to consider the Pet version of this popular Hoover. The pet hair version includes easy to clean cat and dog hair attachments that you will find especially helpful.
Reviews for this popular machine are generally favorable, with many online reports raving about the ability of this machine to get rid of pet hair, dirt, and dander from any surface.
Many pet owners say that this vacuum is impressive because it does not only remove pet hair on floors but also on upholstered furniture thanks to its air powered hand tool with motorized brush. This vacuum can be used even on stairs although the length of the hose may get in the way of those wanting to clean houses with tall flight of stairs.
However, some online reviews complain about the build quality of the vacuum. Many consumers say that the plastic surface of the vacuum cleaner is not its strongest suit. However, for the price, it does seem plenty durable, with most users still happy with it after owning it for quite some time.
So should I buy one?
The Hoover T Series WindTunnel rewind plug bagless upright vacuum cleaner is not the best vacuum cleaner on the market. However, for under $100, you really can’t expect to have all the bells and whistles of an expensive Dyson vacuum cleaner. That said, with its combination of powerful suction, tool attachments, and user-friendly features, the Hoover UH70120 should get high marks even from most homeowners.
If you’re looking for a good basic vacuum or you’re just starting out and want a good solid lightweight machine with some handy options and tools, this is a machine you definitely should consider. Right now, Amazon has it on sale for 40% off plus free shipping.
If you’d like to see more top vacuums, check out our Top Ten list, which has reviews of other best sellers. If you have room in your budget to spend a little more, you may want to take a look at the Shark Rocket, which is more like a stick vac but has a great handheld feature incorporated, or the Oreck XL, which is a bagged vacuum but is very lightweight and gets great reviews. If you need to spend less, check out our top vacs under $100 list.